logi.RAIN is a decentralized watering system. Every plant installation has a module, which measures moisture, light intensity, temperature and the water volume in the storage tank. This information is sent via radio to the controller e.g. a raspberry pi. The controller manages all modules, writes collected data in a SQLite data base and provides mobile and stationary platforms with the data.
- In the first step the watering and monitoring system is virtually built.
- 3 plants are created by notebooks/PC with LC3 + RTS2. Raspberries can be used instead of notebooks/PCs. The connection to the controller is via WLAN.
- The controller is created by a PC with LC3 + RTS2.
- The HW-connection to the virtual sensors/pumps/CPUs is simulated by the defined interfaces as variables or vendor bricks. The bricks can simulate the HW via the variables and inputs/outputs respectively.
- Sending data from the controller to plants e.g. configuration data such as the required moisture; and data from plants to the controller e.g. water is required, occurs via TCP/UDP.
- Configuration data e.g. plant IDs and required moisture, are stored in a data base in the controller. Plant needs must be met and somehow modified.
- Configuration data must be transferred to each plant-RTS in the set-up of the system
- An alarm indication can be shown in a mobile application (application is developed external)
- Plants can be replaced by HW-Boards + sensors/pumps – to be based in an uRTS3
- Connection to the controller via WLAN or another appropriate radio-technology
- The controller is created with a Raspberry
- The alarm function can send data via an interface to SAP, which triggers water delivery
- HTML-visualization with controller data
- Moisture sensor (analog value)
- Valve + control (on/off)
- Critical water mark is reached (yes/no) or the water-level value (analog)
- Send alarm indication with data e.g. water-level value or point-of-time of the recording to the controller
- Send notification “water is available” to the controller
- Receive alarm indication with data
- Receive notification “water is available”
- Send alarm indication with data to mobile-device
- Send alarm indication with data to SAP (optional)
- Manage plants with the configuration data