Engineering Environment Integration for More Productivity in Complex Automation Projects
The New Platform
Together with industrial partner logi.cals a new Christian Doppler Laboratory at the Vienna University of Technology is developing an integration platform called Automation Service Bus®.
This development is based upon the concept of the „Enterprise Service Bus”, which has been successfully established for software integration in company IT sections.
In order to make the engineering process transparent and to organize a systematic data exchange, a so-called web-based Engineering Cockpit is being developed, based on the „Automation Service Bus®“ (ASB). Due to the systematic integration of the relevant data models of the tools used in the project, this allows a project and process view across disciplines and domains.
Role-oriented project view in the Engineering Cockpit
Growing demands made on the engineering of complex automated plants lead to:
- a higher degree of division of labour with specialized software tools,
- a higher parallelization of various involved tasks and
- enhanced requirements to cross-tools quality assurance.
Your advantages from using the Automation Service Bus®
Engineering Environment Integration with Automation Service Bus® adds up to notable advantages:
- Interactions neccessary among engineers are facilitated and systematized – also and especially when they use different software tools.
- More options for the improvement of the overall process as well as for the quality assurance of error diagnostics across tools and domains.
- You increase your productivity with planning and construction of complex industrial plants.
- By integrating cross-tools security support security requirements in engineering are met.
Prototypical implementations with Automation Service Bus® show notably more efficiency even in medium scaled automation projects (around 1.000 engineering hours). Completely new possibilities of collaborative engineering can be realized, especially with projects in which complex tasks have to accomplished, with distributed roles and in various disciplines.
Your Advantages, your contribution, your way to a prototype
Feel free to discuss the following topics with our experts from research and industry:
- the Automation Service Bus® approach
- the current challenges of your environment
- tangible scenarios of use in your projects
- how your technical experts can contribute the required process know-how