Can't insert functional block variables to "Value of variables"

More
1 year 8 months ago #243 by sri
Hello !

I use LogiCAD3 compact version. I face a problem in inserting the FB variables to " value of variables". I can only insert the variables defined in the Program but not in FB. Please help me with this problem. Also, does Compact version has "ST-Viewer" facility so that the values can be directly seen at the code.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #244 by Jürgen Huber
Hello,

which version if logi.CAD 3 is used?
Can you provide us your logi.CAD 3 project?

Regards,
Jürgen

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #247 by sri

File Attachment:

File Name: Enthalpy.txt
File Size:2 KB

logi.CAD 3 compact

Version: 1.108.1
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by sri.

• Walter Zögernitz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 8 months ago #248 by Walter Zögernitz
Hello,

thank you for providing your function block code.
With the help of this code I was able to create the same scenario on our side to.
Please note, that function blocks, which are used in program types are only "instances".
That means, if you are using one function block several times in one program type you need to declare one instance for each usage of it.
Subsequently you need to specify which values of which instance of your functionblock "Enthalpy" you want to display in the "Values of Variables" view. Thats because every single instance of the function block can have its own values because of differences in the connected variable values.
So you need to specify the "full type path" for your variable in the function block for which you would like to show the value in the "Values of Variables" view.

example:
You have declared 3 instances of your function block in your program:
[..]
VAR
l,l1,l2: Enthalpy;
END_VAR
[..]

for showing the value for e.g. "dewpoint_temp" in the "Values of Variables" view you need to specify which one of the declared three you would like to see.
So by dragging the vale out of the expanded tree view left into the "Values of Variables" list you can have three different values of "dewpoint_temp":
  1. Program1.l.dewpoint_temp
  2. Program1.l1.dewpoint_temp
  3. Program1.l2.dewpoint_temp

regards
Walter

LOGI.CALS AUSTRIA

Address

Europaplatz 7/1,
3100 St. Pölten

LOGI.CALS GERMANY

Address

Postfach 1306,
40738 Langenfeld
© 1987 - 2019 logi.cals GmbH